FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- The P-EBT cards will be mailed to all families with students attending our CEP buildings: Emerson, Boyce, Jefferson, Rather, Twin Rivers and Ionia Middle School. The P-EBT cards will also be mailed to families with students at the High School who qualify for Free/Reduced meals.
- Parents do not need to fill out an application!
- The amount is equivalent to $5.70 per day for each day school is closed.
- Families currently receiving SNAP will see benefits added to their cards as soon as 4/17/20. Those not already receiving SNAP will get a card in the mail by the end of April.
- The P-EBT cards will expire in April of 2021.
- Cards will be mailed to the address on file with the school district. In the case of a shared custody student, the card will be mailed to the primary address.
- The Unanticipated School Closure Meals will continue in partnership with the P-EBT cards. The P-EBT card is meant to supplement the school meals.
- Example: if you have 5 students who are eligible at your address, there will be one card with all the funds on it, the card will be listed in the name of the oldest child.
The School Lunch Program is operated in accordance with U.S. Department of Agriculture policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap or national origin. Any person who believes that he or she has been discriminated against in any U.S.D.A. activity should write to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250