Dear School and Community Members,
Welcome to Ionia Public Schools,
My name is Ron Wilson. I am honored to serve as the superintendent of Ionia Public Schools. Ionia holds a special place in my heart. Some of my earliest and fondest memories include visiting my grandparent’s home in Ionia and attending the Free Fair.
Ionia Public Schools is an exemplary learning community. Our district serves the communities of Ionia, Muir, Lyons, and the surrounding rural area. Ionia Public Schools is thankful for strong community support and generous benefactors that enable us to provide a world class education for all students.
Our small, friendly neighborhood elementary schools provide a nurturing environment for students from Pre-K through 5th grade. Ionia Middle School helps 6th, 7th and 8thgrade students make a successful transition to high school. All of our schools offer a wide range of academic, athletic, and extracurricular opportunities. Our modern high school is a state of the art learning center housing 9th through 12th grades, a Heartlands Institute of Technology and Montcalm Community College.
Our community has blessed us with a stadium for football, soccer, marching band and track. The IHS sports complex is equipped with 3 full basketball courts, a natatorium, weight room, wrestling room and numerous other amenities.
IPS offers myriad educational opportunities including:
- Outstanding and innovative educational programs
- Highly Qualified Teachers
- 6 Advanced placement Classes, high achievement by students, including National Merit Scholars
- Scholarship Endowment Fund which provides scholarships
- 23 athletic teams with no fee to play
- Successful competitors at regional and state level in FFA, Debate, Forensics, Band Choir, Science Olympiad, Art, Woodworking, Quiz Bowl and more
- Career/Technical Education (vocational) Programs on site
- Strong community partnerships
- Elementary art, music, gym and computer labs
- Early College and dual enrollment
Together we can make a difference in the lives of our students and community. Please call if you have questions or need assistance. My phone number is 616-527-9280.
Ron Wilson, Superintendent
Dedicated to excellence in teaching, learning, and character growth