If your child has not received all their required shots, please contact your doctor or local health department for an appointment.
Be sure to keep a record of the vaccines and dates they were given to your child. You will need this record to register for school. Failure to have these immunizations may lead to suspension from school according to State of Michigan law.
Immunization requirements for children attending Michigan schools:
- Diphtheria, Pertussis - 4 doses (Must have 1 dose within last 10 years)
- Tetanus - 1 dose every 5 years
- Polio - 3 doses
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella - 2 doses
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses
- Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses for everyone kindergarten and up
- Meningococcal - everyone 11 years and older