If your child has not received all of their required immunizations, please contact your doctor or local health department for an appointment.
Be sure to keep a record of the vaccines and the dates they were given to your child. You will need this record to register for school. Failure to have these immunizations may lead to suspension from school according to Michigan State Law.
Immunization requirements for children attending Michigan schools:
- Diphtheria, Pertussis - 4 doses
- Tetanus - 1 dose every 5 years
- Polio - 3 doses
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella - 2 doses
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses
- Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses for everyone in Kindergarten and above
- Meningococcal - everyone 11 years and older