Clubs Team Sports
Baseball, Basketball (Boys & Girls), Bowling (Boys & Girls), Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, Golf (Boys & Girls), Dance Team, Soccer (Boys & Girls), Softball, Swimming (Boys & Girls), Tennis (Boys and Girls), Track, Volleyball, & Wrestling
Membership is open to students in grades 9-12 currently enrolled in an art class and with a sincere interest in art. The purpose of the club is to:
- Promote interest in art.
- Broaden minds by having speakers and taking field trips.
- Sponsor annual art exhibit during Fine Arts Week.
- Earn funds to help cover cost of trips or special projects.
- No membership dues are required.
Membership in Link Crew is based upon selection by faculty members. Students who will be juniors and seniors at the beginning of the next academic school year are eligible to apply. Link Crew is a high school transition program that welcomes freshmen and makes them feel comfortable throughout the first year of their high school experience. Built on the belief that students can help students succeed, members of the junior and senior class are trained to be Link Crew leaders. As positive role models, Link Crew leaders are motivators, leaders, and teachers who guide the freshmen to discover what it takes to be successful during the transition to high school.
NHS (National Honor Society)
Membership in the National Honor Society is by nomination and staff recommendation to juniors and seniors who have attained a GPA of 3.5 or higher. NHS is subject to NHS rules/standards. It is a service organization much like student council that works on various community and school activities. Members are required to perform a certain quantity of school and community service time.SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions)
Membership in SADD is open to all 9-12 students. All members must have a sincere commitment to the SADD belief that "Drinking and driving does not mix and can kill."
Responsibilities of the club are:
- Uphold the reputation of SADD by not drinking and driving.
- Attend meetings.
- Participate in fund raising activities.
The organization works on promoting the principles of SADD and plans projects/ activities that are alcohol/drug free.
Membership in the Spanish Club is automatic if you are currently enrolled in a Spanish class. The goals of the Spanish Club are:
- To involve students of Spanish in varied Spanish cultures.
- To encourage students of Spanish to improve their speaking ability through club activities.
- To organize and carry out bi-yearly trips to Spanish speaking countries.
- To provide fun and leisure activities for students in Spanish classes.
An organizational meeting is held at the beginning of each school year and meetings will be scheduled as needed throughout the year.Student Council
Membership in Student Council is open to all 9-12 students. Representatives are voted on by the student body. Each class is represented by five representatives. Any active club/organization of IHS is welcome to select one representative to the Council. The Council on a yearly basis selects officers. The objectives of the Council are:
- To always serve the student body in the best representative manner.
- To be a mediator between the student body, faculty, administration, and public.
- To afford opportunities for the educational development of the student body.
Membership in the Woodworking Club is open to 9-12 students currently in a woods / machine woods program. Members should express a sincere interest in woodworking. The club typically meets approximately one evening per week and participates in state woodworking competitions.